Frequently Asked Questions About Our Firm
At Fay, Farrow & Associates P.C., we know that you likely have questions when it comes to sitting down with a family law attorney. We compiled several common questions we hear from prospective clients to help you feel more prepared when you meet with our firm.
What Happens During The Initial Consultation?
We offer a free initial consultation to all of our clients. During that meeting, which typically takes up to an hour, we will provide an overview of the legal process so that you have clear expectations as your case progresses.
We also take the time to understand your situation. We will ask you a lot of questions so that we can direct the conversation in a manner that meets your specific needs. Based on the specific issues in your case, we will provide you with a quote for our hourly rates for fees and for the retainer.
To best ensure that the first meeting is as productive as possible, we recommend that you do not bring your children to the initial consultation.
How Should I Prepare For My First Meeting With You?
To be fully prepared for your first meeting with our attorneys, we recommend you bring the following:
- If you currently have a pending case, bring a copy of the current pleadings and court orders
- For post-divorce cases, a copy of the divorce judgment, Marital Settlement Agreement and Allocation Judgment or Custody Judgment
- Income information for both parties
- A general estimation of the fair market value of real estate you and your spouse own
- An overview of the retirement assets you and your spouse have, including pensions, 401(k)s and IRAs
- Approximate balances of savings, investment and brokerage accounts
- Approximate balances of any outstanding debts, including a mortgage
How Much Do You Charge?
Our hourly rate can vary depending on the experience of the attorney that you work with. The initial retainer amount will depend on the facts of the case. During your initial consultation, we will provide a quote of the hourly rates and the retainer amount.