Rebecca A. Krawczykowski
ATTORNEY AT LAW
Rebecca Krawczykowski (pronounced “krawz – uh – kowski”.) I concentrate my practice in divorce and family law. Most of my clients are people who are going through a divorce, typically involving issues of allocation of parental responsibilities (formerly known as custody), allocation of parenting time (formerly known as visitation), child support, maintenance and property distribution. Many of my clients are parents that never married, who may have issues in the areas of allocation of parental responsibilities, allocation of parenting time and child support. I also represent clients who are seeking a modification or enforcement of a judgment or court order.
I advocate vigorously for my clients whether their matters are resolved through litigation or settlement. My experience is wide-ranging, from uncontested divorces to inter-state custody disputes to divorces involving businesses and high net worth estates. I also frequently work with clients to develop various maintenance (alimony) buy-out options and alternatives.
I feel it is prudent to take a “child centric” approach to the issues of parenting rights and responsibilities. Parents should work to develop a practical job description for parental responsibilities (custody) and schedule for parenting time (visitation), rather than posturing and litigating for labels that imply a win or loss.
I frequently work with clients who want an amicable divorce and come to me with various issues already settled. I provide guidance on outstanding issues, draft settlement documents, and conclude the divorce, while keeping costs to my client reasonable.
I joined Fay, Farrow & Associates, P.C. as a legal secretary in 2002. I worked closely with John Fay and Mark Farrow as a secretary and law clerk for a decade before becoming a licensed attorney. I understand that disputes in family matters are difficult for my clients and I provides legal guidance through challenging emotional times. Client communication is a priority for me and I am very accessible to my clients.
I am licensed to practice in the State of Illinois and practice in the counties of DuPage, Will, Kane and Kendall
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- Juris Doctor
- Northern Illinois University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
Classes & Seminars
- Joint Animal Law/Family Law Section Practical Study, DuPage County Bar Association, 2018
- DuPage County Bar Association, Director 2020-2013
- DuPage County Bar Association, Family Law Section Vice Chair 2020-2021
- DuPage Association of Women Lawyers, President, 2019 – 2020
- DuPage Association of Women Lawyers, Board Member 2015 to 2020
- DuPage County Bar Association Member
- Will County Bar Association Member
- Illinois Bar Association Member
- Family Law
- Domestic Relations
- Post-Divorce Modification and Enforcement
- Allocation of Parental Responsibilities (Custody)
- Allocation of Parenting Time (Visitation)
- Child Support
- •Maintenance (Alimony)
- Relocation (Removal)
- College Contribution and Support of Adult Dependent
- Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) litigation
- Tworek v. Tworek
- Pickering v. Pickering